Thursday, July 09, 2009

[murder in the science room] christie's new novel


Beeb, a short while ago:

A science teacher has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a boy of 14 and two other pupils were hurt at a Nottinghamshire school.

Mind boggles. The rest of the article doesn't confirm the arrest and yet ... let's imagine the man was arrested. Murder? Not manslaughter?

Can't you just imagine the scenarios, lol. Did he plan to take out the whole class or just some particularly pesky spotty herbert? How? Via malfunctioning bunsen burners? Via HCN instead of H2SO4, by mistake?

12 comments:

  1. I would think it would be much easier with Oleander tea and a bit of sugar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about an oleander twig used as a kebab stick? You could burn the evidence: oops, occifer, the barbie got a bit hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, they're great ideas. I didn't know about oleander.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's always the troublesome blowfish poison, but I'm not acquainted with any Sushi chefs...plus that would leave a witness.

    good about the twig; it would be cumbersome to have to go back and switch out the teacup...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit it: I was warned about using oleander twigs for barbies when we went to live in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did have to do a double check I know kids who go to school in Nottingham.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, Cherry, you've gone and made me feel guilty, as this probably really is something not to be joked about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm surprised that it has taken so long. Every teacher must think about it at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always thought Sigismund, the mad maths master, would be the first one to crack ...
    No, really, seriously, this isn't funny. Although as a fictional premise, it's a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have thought a lot of teachers thought "There but for the grace of God..." when they saw the news

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some grand ideas how to do it once I get back into the game.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.