Saturday, June 13, 2009

[not half bad] wonder what year it was

All right - no doubt you all know about this concert at the Royal Albert when I was still over in Russia. I was looking up the Small Faces on youtube, then the Faces, which then led to the video below.

Don't know about you but as a rule, I can't stand dinosaur reunions or charity concerts where everyone tries to outdo one another and massacre good songs. Also, there really does come a time when dinosaurs should quietly fade away - IMHO, for example, the Stones are now a sad parody.

So, with trepidation, the play button was clicked.

Hey, do you agree old Rod wasn't altogether bad? Be fair - his voice didn't crack but better than that, surely, was the mandolin player in the background - she needed instant researching. Maybe she's famous but I'd never seen her before ... J'Anna Jacoby ... hmmmm ... very nice indeed.




This is of interest too.
.

3 comments:

  1. Glad about that. I'm trying to work out why I like her so much. I mean, she has to be a sharp person to make her way as she has but the mannerisms and slight shyness do it, I'm sure. Rod Stewart seems to think so.

    For a start, she's well-dressed, compared to the other scruffs and she just doesn't seem a 'rock' person. No doubt she's enjoying it though. She must be 45 years old if she was 38 at the time of the interview.

    Well, there we go. Back to RL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get to hear a lot of Rod Stewart's earlier stuff courtesy of an older sister. It's nice to se footage of him when he actually was good! Whic reminds me I must find the Python Lee Jackson song he sang on - In a Broken Dream

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.