Thursday, June 18, 2009

[made in heaven] er ... um ... er


Not wanting to be cruel, sexist, ageist, heightist, spotlightist or goldist but Katie Lee leaving Billy Joel does not appear to me to be news. It's surprising that it lasted five years. Katie Lee defined it this way, at the beginning:

"I think we complement each other," she said. "Obviously, there's a big age difference," she said, laughing. "But he's very immature and I'm very mature, so we meet in the middle."

And at what age did she marry? The golden 23, of course. Hmmmm. Yes. This blog doesn't, as a rule, follow the celebrity limelight but in this case, the photo is so stark.

The couple had earlier denied reports of their marriage being on the rocks. The 60-year-old actor had married the 27-year-old chef at his 15-acre waterfront Center Island estate in Long Island.

Look ... er ... Billy ... um ... what can one say? Well, all I can say is that I've been down that path before and ... oh hell ... can't believe I'm saying this ... couldn't you have chosen someone just a teensy bit more ... er ... appropriate?

Yes, I know - you loved her and she loved you to smithereens, it was pure romance etc. etc. She was the light of your life but ... um ... er.

It's just, you see, that I've also, in the past ... well ... best I stop there.

4 comments:

  1. It may have been love. Who knows? More likely to have been a trophy, agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't wish to be the one to say it, for reasons you alone appreciate but there are some things that just won't wash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lovely girl seems to have her own elf.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.