Sunday, June 14, 2009

[home at last] wildflowers on railway embankments


Marvellous. It's all seeping back into the soul again:

A Guide to Water Birds Warblers
Identifying reed bed songsters, including the reed and sedge warblers.

The merits of horticultural training.
7 days left to listen

Kirsty Young's castaway is the former Chancellor of the Exchequer, Lord Healey.

Catch up
The week's events in Ambridge.

Marking the 80th anniversary of Anne Frank's birth, a meditation from Blackburn Cathedral.

The sound of bells from Christ Church, Radyr near Cardiff.

The latest shipping forecast.

Excuse me, good reader but could you explain Radios 2, 6 and 7 to me? As a Radios 3 and 4 listener, these others are unfamiliar.



9 comments:

  1. Radio 2 is the music channel for oldies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radio 2 has moved on.. no surprise given that those who listened to rock and roll in the 50s are now drawing their pensions.

    Radio 7 is sort of an extension of radio 4's remit but focusee on comedy and dramas I think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which do you like, Cherie?

    Jams - thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put that one in for you. :)

    I'm a bells and shipping forecast fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was meaning I like the music on Radio 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes and I'm going to try to set up a second widget with that on it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.