Saturday, May 09, 2009

[housekeeping] comment moderation until monday

On the weekend, I do not have access to the internet and thus any posts are on 'scheduled'. Knowing this, an unprincipled person has apparently popped up again. He left a comment on this blog some days ago but fortunately the failsafe caught him out and it was deleted.

He knew that my failsafe was not going to work this weekend and so left a comment, not so long ago, accusing me of all sorts of things, basing them on hearsay and innuendo. Naturally, these statements are actionable, which he seems to be hoping I'll initiate but I have no intention of having anything whatsoever to do with him.

Unfortunately for this person, a friend of mine saw the comment, contacted me and has had to alter his own weekend plans to allow me to come up here and deal with the problem. I now have another failsafe in place which will only operate from Monday during business hours but until then, I'm sorry, dear readers but I've had to switch on moderation.

There are many bloggers of some years standing who know exactly who this person is and yes - he doesn't seem to be able to leave matters alone, does he? Perhaps his former friends could ask him to desist.

For now, for the readers who nothing about any of this, sorry for this temporary inconvenience.

2 comments:

  1. Don't take it personally James. I know 5-6 bloggers he's used unscrupulous spamming/smearing techniques,hijacking their comment sections to assassinate them.

    I doubt anyone believes his diatribes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until Wednesday now - I have to get my failsafes back in place.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.