Sunday, November 23, 2008

[sockpuppet] cedric surpasses himself

When I woke up this morning, I saw 92 comments on the rock post, which you can wade through by clicking on the above link or you can see the abridged version which gives you the general idea here. [And yes, I do have the isp addresses, despite it showing up in Sitemeter as "not known".]

I thought something was strange for a blogger who's never had more than 40 comments.

Reading down, the first thing which struck me was that it was quite funny at the beginning. Then it went on and on and on. Suddenly it turned nasty and I've left enough comments up for you to get the general idea.

If you read the unabridged version [click on the first link], you'll see it starts at 22:07 and ends at 02:14. That means that this man sat at his computer and left comments on my post for around four hours, commenting every few minutes, sometimes once a minute. I'm trying to imagine sitting at a computer for four hours commenting on someone else's blog.

Nah - can't imagine a sane mind doing that.

It's always possible I am wrong in this but the ladies seemed to be sure about it. In the interests of fairness though, it might have been the Fantasy Fight Club who did it, on his behalf. He is close to them apparently. This is a link to another site he set up in 2007. [Disclaimer: please don't click on the link unless you are absolutely sure you want to.]

I've deeply apologized, on his behalf, to the ladies he was saying those things about but perhaps now someone might take my warnings more seriously.

UPDATE 12:47: If you go to this archived post, scroll down to comments and look at the comment by Ms Smack. Now go to the original post here; you'll see it has been deleted this morning. Why would Ms Smack wish to go in and delete her own comment on a 2007 post on a Sunday morning in November 2008? Read the comment she deleted in the archived version again. Why would she be looking at a post of mine on a Sunday morning anyway when most people are just waking up? Check the time of my post below.

My brain hurts from all the thinking. :)

UPDATE 21:20: I understand that a certain gentleman is now claiming he was at the pub from 10:04 p.m. for one and a half hours but then realized it was between 10:04 and midnight. No doubt there are close friends to corroborate that exact time he arrived and swear on their grandmothers that it was so. Yeah, right. He just shouldn't let his isp address be used by others then, in his absence and continue the comments in exactly the same way when he returned. And then there is the little matter of his sockpuppet site.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon, I have deleted this comment and I'm sorry but I don't want his name mentioned in this thread in any way. People can decide for themselves, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the matter with these plonkers?

    If you don't have the balls to identify yourself, don't bother to insult people, just stay in your own world and talk to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right, Angus but I don't want you drawn into this. There's a lot more to it, as many long time readers know. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've watched this situation develop and frankly I'm amazed at the patience you seem to have.

    Seems you have more patience for fools and scoundrels than I.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't have the conclusive material until a few days ago and today's was just the icing on the cake, Quiet Man. Now if he has any brains, he'll let it go and ask Ms Smack to as well. I have already promised I would let it go unless they posted something else. So I replied in this post.

    Now, once again, I have nothing more to say on the topic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I linked to the sockpuppet site in the wee hours of the morning, in a draft that was going to go out today!
    My blog is prone to invasion and unauthorized alterations, as are my mails, and pc files.

    Funny how Miss Smack's words are always deleted before I publish.

    I hope that you have saved her comment here on your serial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like you're dealing with the internet equivalent of crab lice. Goes to show some of the people out there should be taking prescriptive medication...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well let's say I thought they'd be a bit more clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi James.
    I read the site, the trolls attack on you, and followed the awful site.

    I deleted my comment because I was not wanting to support such a horrible site.

    I'm sorry you automatically assumed I was being evil or malicious about it. I wasn't.

    I have not attacked your blog, but merely deleted my comment from that person's site, whoever he is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There seems little point continuing this thread now that it is fairly clear to readers that trolling of myself behind the scenes [and more rarely on this blog itself - usually when he/she is under the influence] has actually been going on and from which source[s].

    I've fulfilled my part of my own bargain and not published anything new nor made any further comment [check blogposts] since that promise was first given but also made it clear that if I was trolled again, I would release something new each time.

    I was hit by this person in Sally's meme and again with the 92 comment attack in the last post, [which targetted two women] and have released new material on the culprit each time.

    I'd hope that he and his accolytes would now desist once and for all, as he [they] can only sink further and further into the mire, the more that is revealed.

    The sockpuppet revelation in the links[s] above is a sampler but human nature and the nature of blog groups can be strange and I wonder if he'll continue to be supported by his group after that. I'd be willing to bet that they try to ignore it and carry on as before.

    Anyway, in the interests of fulfilling my own promise yet again, this thread is closed off.

    ReplyDelete