Thursday, November 13, 2008

[real friends] and the fair weather sort


Don't situations like these past few days really sort out who your real friends are and who the fair weather friends are? You also find out those whom you thought were friends but turned out to be enemies, through automatic assumptions about you and by the little snide asides by email to third parties.

To those true friends - thank you so much all of you for those words and sometimes that touch of humour ,to boot. You possibly think that your words of support are what any friend would do but I want to say they are much more than that - they gave me the energy to go through with an unpleasant but necessary task.

Calum was the one who put it in the clearest way. Whilst he admitted up front that he didn't have the facts and so couldn't comment on the actual issue, he felt he knew me well enough and trusted that I would not be telling lies, even if there was some incentive to do so. Imagine the case I could have made if I'd constructed it?

That was very heartening because while close people know you well enough to realize that your version is true, others in a sort of middle position have to go with their gut instinct and I do appreciate that.

My non-blogging friend has also been excellent with his practical support and blunt advice that has saved me from doing something silly a number of times, as well as giving me great ideas for posts all the while. The brave Ubermouth I'll not write much on because it is still live and any words of support can be used against her but she has been a source of great strength. Her kind comments have also been much appreciated although, IMHO, not really deserved to that extent.

Now, out of this whole thing there are some offers to come down for drinks. It would be lovely to be able to arrange something on a particular day at a neutral venue somewhere midlandish so I'm thinking that one through just now. It would be lovely to just relax over a meal and a beer for once.

7 comments:

  1. James,
    I came to you specifically because of your exemplory reputation which was all I had to go on, not knowing you.

    I wish I had half the writing talent that you do so that I could adequately convey to your readers what a hero you truly are.

    And even when you did not initilly believe the horrors of what was going on,you always treated me with dignity, respect and sensitivity.

    I can never repay you James for the care you showed me,and other girls whose names we can't mention.

    The whole sphere, whether they realize it or not, owe you a debt of gratitude.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a bloggy meet up in the Midlands sounds a great idea. I am up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the lotus eaters......

    Take note, we are transitioning from stage ONE.

    To stage TWO.

    At this point it becomes damn near impossible to correct.

    http://www.energybulletin.net/node/47157

    There is a point in the FIAT collapse where the injection of more debt creates negative GDP.

    The US and UK are perilously near that point, if not at it.

    All G7 countries are furiously injecting more debt.

    F*ckwits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The politicians won't tell you - very few even understand Fiat.

    Economists won't tell you.
    Precious few understand finance/economics.

    They just screw around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, fiat has dire possibilities most have not thought through, unbalancing a debt economy with no way back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As the superb George Cole once said in Minder "a friend in need is a bleeding nuisance"

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.