Thursday, November 06, 2008

[pull the other one] we're so altruistic


There is a theme running through many of my recent posts and I'll expand on it on Saturday, of people being so credulous. Look at this example:

The US has described as "disappointing" Russia's plans to deploy new missiles in the Baltic region to counter a US defence shield in central Europe. The US state department stressed the planned shield in the Czech Republic and Poland was "not aimed at Russia".

It puzzles me that anyone is supposed to swallow that guff about "not aimed at Russia". Oh come on, is there really anyone so patriotically blinded that they don't think the missiles take in Russia, among others? Who else do they take in then? Iceland?

Really and truly. They do believe people are taken in, don't they? Similarly, does anyone really believe that the Russians are not flying long range bomber missions to gear up for conflict? Of course they bl--dy well are.

And behind all this is money. And the money comes from sources. And the sources have no conscience. This one I wouldn't expect you to believe because it is so out on the edge for the average punter but even a moderate amount of research gives you all the evidence you need..

And why conflict? For example, twelve years ago the west and Russia were aiming for detente, good relations, opening Russia up economically and so on. There were excellent reasons for expanding trade and I even had a minor part in that. I can tell you that relations with almost every nation were not only cordial, they were warm at the upper level.

Now we have the British Council thrown out, Miliband speaking of an EU army, the Americans putting in missile shields, the Russian flights and so on and so on, let alone the real nutter presidents like in Iran.

Who caused this shift from detente to worldwide sabre rattling in such a short time? Jenner's and Quigley's quotes from previous posts touch on it. I know very well many of you think this is guff. It is not - do some research and find out for yourself.

We are heading for war for absolutely no good reason beyond the financial windfalls to be made.

7 comments:

  1. I agree 100%. One of the reasons I wanted Baldwin to win is I think it's time we went back to our roots as a country. Make no mistake, I do like how we try to help out people, it's a trait Americans possess, to leave a situation better than we found it. Having said that, why we are threatening Russia in deed rather than word is beyond me. I study this sort of thing as a student. I'm not stupid, I know the missiles are intended for Russia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And vice versa, to be fair. But it should not be the case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Europeans have more to gain by friendly relations with Russia and I'm sure Russians and even Putin himself desire it. It would make and unified Europe very powerful. Hard to tell the guilty from the useful idiots though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a benevolent, generous , peace loving, aid giving, maternal country America is.

    It just makes me weep how ungrateful all those horrid , greedy,grasping, aid -sucking countries are that are so unappreciative of the humanitarian outpourings that America bestows out of the kindness of it's bleeding heart.

    I can't comprehend why it's the most hated nation in the world, subject to such acts of terrorism,blamed for causing the most conflicts of any modern nation, the most oppression,and economic hardship.

    It's like America's aid , goodwill and protection, at it's own expense I might add, is completely misunderstood and under-appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wolfie is right Europeans have more to gain, but I do think that this is part of Russia's game plan at the moment. They want to have the upper hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was kidding, lest anyone think I am pro America or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Russia have always had a fear of incursion - they view their land as part of them far more than I've observed we do. We defend our way of life but it is the motherland itself that they defend to the death.

    They are not seriously interested in conquering Europe in the way Stalin did [the communists certainly did] but they do want their buffers back.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.