Wednesday, November 19, 2008

[bnp list] a hypocrite pontificates

The BNP matter. It is outrageous that they were outed.

A completely unprincipled blogger who is well-known for publishing whatever he damn well likes on those who oppose him said that he opposed the principle of personal information being published [I choked on my coffee when I saw that, the freakin' hypocrite] but that in this particular case dot dot dot ...

What a tosser. You either have a principle or you don't. You either say it's OK to out or you don't. In this case, it is not. Data Protection Act et al.

UPDATE 21:17:  I apologize for the tone of this post - hypocrisy really gets on my nerves and so the tone is a bit wild.  I even apologize to the target of the post - I'd have hoped to have remained more even-tempered.  Still, what's done is done.

UPDATE  00:18:  You know, this post has received such massive traffic since it was posted, I wonder why, when far better posts were put up today and generated nice but steady traffic.  Why would anyone be interested in my opinion on the BNP?  Maybe it was the word "hypocrite" which brought people in, thinking I might be dredging up an old issue.  No such luck.  That one's over.

7 comments:

  1. As abominable as I find the policies of the BNP I feel that BNP members are, actually, entitled to their privacy just like anybody else. The person who published this list should be prosecuted if found.

    Those who are revelling in the knowledge they have gotten their hands on should give some thought as to whether or not they would like their personal affiliations disclosed to the world in such a manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precisely, Quiet Man. Some people are very quick to pontificate but would call the police or sue if it happened to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BNP members are, of course, entitled to their privacy, just like anyone else, however, I am not ashamed of being a member of the Conservative Party. If they are ashamed of being BNP members, perhaps they should ask themselves why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what I or anyone else think about the BNP it is against the freedom of information act. Everyone is entitled to their freedom.

    Andrew does have a point about why do they feel ashamed though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it's a good point, Andrew and Cherie. If they are members, they should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Higham, it is not that the outed BNP members are ashamed (at least most of them), but rather that they fear professional consequences. It is really not an unreasonable fear.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.