Wednesday, October 15, 2008

[interim report] the busy disease

This is the third time I've altered this post and I'm not doing it again. I don't understand the way some people carry on. I made a statement this morning:

The character assassination thing. The way it works, IMHO, based on what I've been able to glean, is that, with this site and my emails monitored, someone appears to have the ability to hack and alter mails. We know this because of an email which is going around, purportedly written by me, which was not. Quoting out of context is another method. The stalker notes anyone who seems to comment a bit at this blog, follows them to their blog and starts friendly commenting then emailing as a charming "friend", following sales techniques - and I directly quote him:

What wins is walking in thinking 'I'm going to close you down, mate. I'm going to cut off your options and you WILL do what I want.'

The dialogue phase begins, to determine the things the other person has concerns for, latching on to them and playing up to them, e.g. with an army guy to talk in that "we're all patriotic Brits" way or if it is a feminist, to agree on feminism and have an intellectual discussion on this and other issues which builds her self-esteem or if an English nationalist - to be in sympathy with that.

The thing is - the recipient never knows he/she is being played for a sucker and no one likes to admit they can fall for something. I get very angry if someone tells me I am naive and have been manipulated - angry at the person who suggests this. Human nature. More than one ex-friend has said, "Oh, he's an interesting guy, very intelligent." By contrast, my intransigence comes over very badly, to the point you might almost say I've lost the plot. Yes, when you are being worked on, it really does appear that way. It's very real.

Once this has been done comes the hard sell, always introduced softly at the beginning, coupled with the "wronged person" stance. Works a treat almost every time and quite a few ex-friends of mine have fallen for it. Finally it is compounded by the irritation both my manner and this lady's cause in the way we blog. By provoking us, we lash out on our blogs and vindicate the view that we are seriously unbalanced. If it goes quiet for a time, there's another provocation activated which no one sees, we post on it and we look like the obsessives.

That's just part of what is going on. It's very real, he's very persuasive and great damage has been done so far. The purpose is twofold - to shut down my blog and to separate me from a certain lady who knows too much. There are four fellow bloggers who are onto him now and it's better than being alone, I can tell you. I can even admire the efficacy of the technique he uses but still ... it's pretty nasty, isn't it?

It remained all day and then I replaced it, this evening, with a statement that the point had been made and that unless something new came to light, that was all I had to say on the matter. Naturally this was misinterpreted to mean that I was backtracking, which of course is bollocks. So I'm going to say one last thing:

When I write something, I don't backtrack. I back every word and remain deeply angered about a woman who has been wronged and sigh about all the energy expended to bring me down too. However, there comes a time to stop speaking, when the point has been made and I consider it has now been made. However, I am expecting further revelations at her end and wait with bated breath and support.

Now I'm not altering this post again, all right?