Tuesday, July 08, 2008

[tuesday quiz] who said these things?


1. The good thing about them is that you can look at them with the sound turned down [of the Spice Girls].

2. The chief enjoyment of riches consists in the parade of riches.

3. Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose, is a rose.

4. When I split an infinitive, G-d damn it, I split it so it will stay split!

5. Curtsey while you're thinking what to say. It saves time.

Clues

Musical groups, famous with libertarians, philosophy, hard-boiled detective, children

Answers, as usual, require you to highlight below

George Harrison, the Independent, 1997; Adam Smith, Wealth of Nations, 1776; Gertrude Stein, Sacred Emily, 1913; Raymond Chandler, to a proof-reader, 1947; Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass, 1872

8 comments:

  1. Great quotes but I can never find the answers.I love the atom one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. George Harrison
    Adam Smith
    Gertrude Stein
    Raymond Chandler
    The Queen in Alice Through The Looking Glass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just found the highlight, James. That's very clever..please teach me how to do that?
    NOW!!
    NOt that I am high maintenance like that Baht At says.... but

    * I think that Harry guy looked before he answered...
    is this hidden, like yours?

    Oh well... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't do any of them, to my shame, but I like the Chandler one best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only got the last one with out cheating :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ubermouth... "I think that Harry guy looked before he answered..."

    Gee thanks pal... The George Harrison quote is quite a well known one. When challenging people who believe in pixies on paranormal sites, I was always quoting Smith. Being a film and detective buff, Chandler was easy. I knew Stein and Alice due to my bog standard 60's 70's education.

    I completely missed the bit about the highlights though... instructions were never my strong point!!!

    Hookie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neither could I Welshcakes. But I haven't been very good at any of them ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.