Saturday, April 12, 2008

[finding the one] you'd go the whole wide world?


This is how it started.

I wanted to put some music up to finish the evening and was rummaging round in YouTube when I remembered a pub do in Australia years ago with Wreckless Eric. Pretty poor selection in YouTube on him - mostly couples using the song as a wedding vid or whatever.

Just about to give up when I thought I'd give this one a try. It was the comments section which did it - wow, this guy was really pouring it out about his lost love. Checked out the first part of the vid - seemed a nice enough guy, then caught this comment by him:

It doesnt matter that there are millions of girls in the universe. It's about one girl and what she meant to me, how she had me believe in a future with her and her great family, an incredible love and connection I've never experienced ..... and so on.

Someone replied:

But... if she can't celebrate who you are, and doesn't appreciate you at all, do you really want to be with her? Everyone deserves to be with someone who loves them back. Don't waste one more minute of your life missing someone who doesn't care about you.

He replied:

Sad sad days. It breaks my heart. Wow over 10 000 hits on my stupid stupid video all about how much I love some girl who completely destroyed my heart.

Whole load of feelings swirling around now. First is that sooner or later someone is going to tell him to stop being a wimp but I say good luck to him - let it all out. Some commenter called Adrift replies:

The last rite of passage into manhood my friend is, the broken heart/dream. Women despise what they perceive as a weak, or, needy man. The best thing you can ever do is, stand tall, and "Walk Like A Man". Pal, never look back. Move on knowing, it is her loss.

Yeah, easier said than done, I'm thinking. Been there where you'd do anything to turn it round but once a woman's decided, there's no going back. Now comes the first woman's comment:

YOUR SO STUPID! its about that he has no one and he remembers what his mom says and does that. AND HE SEARCHES THE WHOLE WORLD TO FIND HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STUPID!!!!

Well thank you dear, for that. Sure helps our friend here, doesn't it?

At this point I half agree with her that it IS stupid placing your heart in another human's hands because he/she doesn't have the mental equipment to take good care of it. You've opened the last door to the inner citadel, my friend and she's gone in, looked about and then spat on the floor.

Poor bstd.

Humans are weak and selfish. They don't appreciate what they have until it's gone and then often not and I've been in both camps, as most of you have too. You know, this is undignified the way this man is laying it all out - I wouldn't give anyone the satisfaction any more - and yet I feel his pain tonight, as apparently, have a few thousand others, judging by the stats.

And well meaning homilies don't help, do they? That pain is bitter for sure.

Sigh. And yet we do it over and over.

Would you do it again?

[Pretty nifty song too, by the way, if you'd care to listen. Original comments here.]


4 comments:

  1. Women despise what they perceive as a weak, or, needy man.

    That is a bit of a generalisation... not all women think that way! & yes the next comment was very insensitive and unhelpful!

    When sharing your heart with another you always have to keep a little bit for yourself and that way you will be safe.

    Just my thoughts xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be vert careful before I did it again but I probably will because I never learn! I agree with Cherrypie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always appreciate and love dearly those who are close to me in my life and I make sure they know it. I take nothing for granted. Agrees with Cherie and Welshcakes, I don't want to learn anymore, have become hardened on the outside, if I can't be with who I want then I don't want a substitute, I will go without :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you'll do it again James, when the opportunity comes. No doubt in my mind. The search never stops and I wish you success.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.