Monday, January 14, 2008

[slough of despond] let's extricate ourselves


There is no doubt that interraction is the thing and over the weekend, I just wasn't interacting. You see, I had the chance of proof-reading for my books and had to work to keep ahead of this and have the next chapter ready. Plus I had professional proof reading to do too [less interesting]. Still have now.

Thus I didn't visit and thus my own visits dropped. Even the reliable googling dropped. Not disastrously but we do seem to be in a slough of despond just now, many of us. Andrew Allison wrote:

Yesterday I wasn't feeling at my best. When you look at how many hits you are getting on your blog and things aren't going as well as you would like, there is a tendency for despondency. I would like to thank those who have left comments encouraging me to continue. Dave wrote a comment that he reads the blog through my RSS feed every day and of course that doesn't come on to my site statistics. I don't know why I didn't realise this sooner as I read many blogs by this method too.

My thought is that the thing is temporary, the winter weather has a lot to do with it, we're all pretty busy just now and no need for overreaction on this. Keep the blog ticking over and though it is done more slowly, keep visiting. All will be well.

If you do happen to find yourself in the blogging quicksand, here is some advice. And one last thing - could you spare a minute and pop over to Andrew and cheer him up a bit on this cold, grey Monday?

4 comments:

  1. I am ridiculously bad at leaving comments. Days can go by and I won't say a word, I don't really have anything constructive to say...Most of the time though, I try comment on most things.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.