Friday, January 18, 2008

[lit quiz] name the authors


1. Dien Tynblo [children's stories]
2. Arlehcs Skidnec [please sir, may I have more]
3. Kranf Raridsch [Greyfriars]
4. Cahrird Smarda [Hazel and Blackberry]
5. Xirbeta Toterp [Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cotton-tail]
6. G. H. Lewsl [Martians]
7. Draydur Klinpig [if only I could think of it]
8. Milwail Aesperkhase [a complete unknown]
9. Nai Glinfem [not really Welsh, as Broccoli well knows]
10. Egroeg Lewlor [clocks were striking thirteen]



No peeking, now:


Blyton, Dickens, Richards, Adams, Potter, Wells, Kipling, the Bard, Fleming, Orwell

6 comments:

  1. 7/10 Not bad because I am not usually good at unscrambling letters for some reason but the clues helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally, one I could do without cheating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so dense. I read the bit that said "no peeking, now" first, so spoiled the quizz for myself.

    Doh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swearing Mother - you're my type of gal. Oestre and Welsh - well done, ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.