Wednesday, December 12, 2007

[strange accidents] waiting to happen

What are the strangest accidents which have happened to you? Now, I don't mean those which were waiting to happen, such as the ones in the pics nor do I mean automobile accidents. I mean this sort of thing:
1. Cut by a piece of steak. Piece of frozen meat taken from the freezer - slashed the side of my palm;

2. Burnt by toast - not the toaster, the toast;

3. Finger cut today by a coffee bean - when cleaning the grinder. Not cut by the grinder.
I like this one from long ago:
Lisa Colman, 23, of San Diego, was sitting in her car with both hands behind the back of her head. Someone asked her if she was okay, and she replied that she'd been shot in the back of the head, and had been holding her brains in for over an hour.

The paramedics came and found that a Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat and a wad of dough had hit her in the back of her head. She felt the dough, thought it was her brains, passed out, recovered and held her brains in for over an hour until someone noticed and came to her aid.

And, yes, she was a blonde.

6 comments:

  1. We were on a long car journey many years ago, on our way to a self catering cottage in Wales. Little daugher, then about three, was getting thoroughly bored. On the seat next to her was a box of groceries, she picked a hole in the bag of potatoes and took one out, pulled off one her long socks and stuffed the fairly large potato in it.

    The she swung the sock and hit me over the back of the head with it as I sat in the seat in front of her.

    KO'd by a KE (King Edward), that was me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once dropped a book (Dahrendorf's History of the LSE) on my toe and ended up on crutches.

    I'm really clumsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, under that rock would not be for you then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just put that in to stir you, Welshcakes [and JMB, the sweety].

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.