Sunday, December 09, 2007

[burger king] new taste sensation

I used to visit Burger King in Lewisham because:
1. The McDonalds was too far up the street to go to;

2. It was close to Boots and WH Smith;

3. I had hunger attacks at the time;

4. I was able to turn a blind eye to the lack of hygiene and surly service in Burger Kings - many can't.
Whilst conceding that the Whopper is not a bad concept for a burger, I don't know about a whopper's rubber wrapping being part of the burger itself:

"My third bite into the burger, it was just a foreign taste," he said. "It was a very sour, bitter sort of taste. It almost had a numbing sensation.

"As I went to bite down a little harder, I felt a rubber grind in between my teeth. I saw it half in my mouth, half hanging out. It was an immediate sick-to-my-stomach type of thing."

Yes folks, it's Burger King's latest - the South-Western Condom Whopper. Actually, the only fast food place worse was Wimpy's, which ruined Paris for me when I ate one of their offerings in Britain just before the ferry trip across to France. Terry Durack, Glenfiddich Restaurant Critic of the Year, said of Wimpy:

"Cheap, but nasty. My cast-iron stomach turns and runs screaming out of the door."

One night in Paris on a whirlwind tour and I spend it in a Paris hotel room on the toilet!

Of course, I'm sure Burger King have improved in your part of the world although this survey, putting Burger King at the top of the unhygienic league, makes bleak reading. And in case you think that that survey was a one off, try this one.

But if you really want to read about some gross food being served, try this. By the way, I forgot to wish you a nice Sunday lunch today.

8 comments:

  1. Well, that cheered up my Sunday! An unfortunate turn of phrase half way down in that first linked article - or perhaps it's my mind... An attempt to open a Macdonald's failed in Modica, so no Burger King either. Buona domenica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welshcakes - you're lucky.

    That's exactly the point, Richard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Needless to say I'm not clicking the links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may or may not be glad to here that burger king in Lewisham has closed down. I couldnt stomach the food there so i am pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugggghhh... NEVER EATING AT BURGER KING AGAIN

    EW EW EW

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.