Sunday, November 18, 2007

[sunday quiz] colossal this evening

Simple - name the seven wonders of the ancient world. To make up the ten questions, here are three more:
8. Did Demetrius or Ptolemy invade Rhodes?
9. Would Harlicarnassus be in Greece or Turkey today?
10. What was the island in question in Alexandria?


Answers: Great Pyramid of Giza, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Statue of Zeus at Olympia, Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, Mausoleum of Maussollos at Halicarnassus, Colossus of Rhodes and Lighthouse of Alexandria. Demetrius, Turkey, Pharos.

6 comments:

  1. ALways forget those so thanks for the reminder. Didn't someone or some site have a poll on "new 7 wonders" or something? I didn't follow it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I only got four. Not my period I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. james, I don't know where to put this, but I figured you ought to read it, particularly the articles, so,
    particullarly relating to the rights of the indigenes

    Time someone told nulab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is 'Harlicarnassus' anywhere near Halikarnassus?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much to my shame, I got number eight wrong.

    I studied Latin and Classical civilisations for ten years. Eek.

    Good quiz, mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies - at least you got some.

    William - very near - just down the road and turn left. {I stand shamed].

    Dave - you did well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.