Saturday, November 10, 2007

[snow falls] and all is at peace - except for skidding cars crashing

Coming home earlier today, some Russian folk music was being played in the car and the snow started falling lightly outside - a very Russian scene indeed.

There's no doubt that the slightest amount of snow transforms not only the viewable scene but the atmosphere becomes hushed too and a surreal effect replaces the usual city noises - people appear silently through the whiteness and pass, one's feet can't be heard and it's a strange feeling.

Unfortunately, birds become disoriented and hit windows as well, there is general mayhem on the roads and it's best to be either on foot or on the tram.

I could spend hours gazing down on it all from this warm flat but alas, there isn't time. I have to blog about it to you.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I know the feeling, well both actually.

    One, yes there is something magical about the snow.

    Two, there is something compulsive about blogging our thoughts like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pic and nice thoughts. I get mesmerised by snow - as long as I'm inside and warm, so I can imagine how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss snow. Something I never though t I would EVER say. DO you have a Christmas tree at Christmas , James?

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.