Wednesday, November 14, 2007

[get rich quick] mutley, cityunslicker and an icelander


While Mutley's doing it his way:
My friends Mr Unslicker and Mr Newman make a great deal of money dealing in stocks and shares and such like. They are rich Tory bastards – and I have hatched a plan to join them, - be warned when I am rich I shall pretend not to know you – because rich famous people have rich famous friends. Apart from the women readers obviously – I shall drag you all out of the gutter when I am rich!
... and Cityunslicker is doing it his way, an Icelander is doing it his way. Sometimes it's hard work, sometimes it's just sheer luck and a bit of nouse:
Ómar Antonsson, a farmer at Horn in Hornafjördur, southeast Iceland, is making profits from selling stones from a beach on his land to the US, where the rocks are used for quality swimming pools.

“These stones have been here beneath my feet since I can first remember and I’ve never seen anything profitable in them,” Antonsson told Fréttabladid.

Antonsson said the stone export began by coincidence. “I was transporting concrete materials to the East Fjords because of the operations there. Some men from Arizona saw the materials, then just knocked on my door and said they were interested in doing business with me.”
Maybe I can export snowflakes.

2 comments:

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.