Saturday, October 20, 2007

[science quiz] about time for another

1. What name is "Jerry's Guide to the World Wide Web" now known?

2. The prefix mega- is a millionfold in the SI units and giga- is a billion. Tera is a trillion but what is the quadrillionfold (10 to the power of 15) prefix?

3. What does CAT stand for in a CAT-scan?

4. What is 0º Fahrenheit in centigrade?

5. What is an eolic power station?

6. What is an Ishihara test used for?

7. What is panphobia?

8. Where, in a household, would you find a magnetron?

9. What would a Conchologist be interested in?

10. Which crop is attacked by the boll weevil?

Answers here

8 comments:

  1. Six.

    Peta and Isahra were completely outside my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six but I'm disgusted I didn't know number 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crushed - way to go!

    Julie, JMB - don't worry, these are great scores - I had 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Six for me. I should have known the wind one as over the last few months there has been a lot about it. Don't remember that phrase though. I also missed the CAT scan all I could think of was all the other acronyms I don't really know what they stand for.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.