Saturday, October 13, 2007

[new mac] first post



My first post on my new Mac with Airport.

Well, I'm using the new Mac to post this and it's both exasperating and wonderful.

Firstly, though I have internet, nothing has been adjusted so far and it all feels weird after using Intellimouse with its five clicking functions - but what can be done on a touchpad is simply weird as well.

Nice aspects include the 17" screen which allows my main page and blogroll page side by side and the reader which I've started adding to is superfast and allows ten or more sites to be displayed at one time.

When the light fades in the room, the lights come on under the keys and it autodetects screen brightness requirements as well. Menus come up as cascades and so on. 2.3GB RAM is not bad either.

The piece de resistance though is the Airport Extreme flying saucer internet connector which lets you sit on the toilet and post to the blog from there. I assure you I'm not there at this moment but I'm threatening to.

The downside is that the Saturday Blogfocus will be a Sunday Blogfocus for this weekend as the Higham is not sufficiently au fait yet to produce one.

Hope all is well with you out there as well.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations. You get a whole airport with your mac?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out for low flying aircraft or is this some other kind of airport?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell you what - it's weird. I'll do what I can this evening but this might be my only post. By the way, we were in at Theo's earlier and the friend who set up the Mac thought the nubiles were very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds pretty good to me. 17 inch screen sounds divine for a laptop but it made it a bit heavy for me so I went with 15.4 inch. Maybe next time they will be lighter.
    However, loathing all touchpads I immediately bought a small Logitech optical notebook mouse. Not 5 function but works anywhere and to 20 feet. Works on almost any surface, even on my pantleg as I know too well.
    Enjoy your new toy and try not to make us too jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. itd was my birthday and you werent there. nice mac. veyr shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Macdom. I give you a month before you start denouncing Windows users.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shades - :)

    JMB - might well get one of those. the Airport remote internet is cooly ruly but to avoid touchpadding would be nice.

    Chip - chagrined. Happy birthday!!!

    Tom - thanks and it may well be so.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.