Sunday, October 21, 2007

[food price survey] where are the americans?

Just about to close the food price survey [click on pic] and it's a shame none of my American readers - The Daily Ramble, Ruthie, even Bob G - wanted to join in, otherwise it would have been a true world comparison in tomorrow's article.

Thanks to the Brits, Canadians, Europeans and Antipodaeans who submitted prices of staple goods - it makes for interesting comparisons and I'll post on it tomorrow.

Update: Apologies to Jacqueline le Blanc, who supplied Honolulu prices!

Sunday update: The lists are currently being compiled and will be displayed later in the morning.

5 comments:

  1. James

    Google Safeway and they have a very easy to use website. You can just use a local zip code. I used my old zip code in Washington 20008

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have joined in James, but it's been awhile since I went to the grocery store :)


    (1lb ground beef last night was 2.78, whole chicken (3 1/2 lb) was 3.56)

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.