Monday, October 22, 2007

[blogfocus monday] sweet and sour

Photo shamelessly stolen from Tiberius, as is my usual wont

I'm calling this sweet and sour this evening but it's not a reference to the bloggers - it's a reference to their situations:

1. Tiberius Gracchus is quite taken with Pharonic follies and let's face it, who doesn't have this running through the brain day after day?
Notice that Hemiunu makes the Pharoah's power conditional upon the fact that he is a symbol for his subjects- it is through his subject's support and their identification of him as the symbol of the nation that he receives legitimation. They do that because he is a good ruler. In that sense power ascends from them to him.
2. I'm not posting any of Kelly Mac's article here - prepare yourself for a shock then please go there and read it. You owe it to yourself.

3. Ms Baroque supplies 25 ways to be Ms Baroque, in case you need assistance in being her. Here are 4-7:
4. can't ring the bank today, it's Sunday; a friend told me I need to register for online banking and he was right. I need constant access to the fiasco. 5. tomorrow, then: transfer some (more) money from the savings; try and salvage something of the wreckage of my current account. Once it's salvaged, try and keep it salvaged. I used to be draconian with money! I think I just got tired... 6. oh: go to the supermarket! There's nothing for lunch. 7. but have a bath first.
4. Kareno is facing the challenge of some not so great news and it doesn't help to be an ostrich:
You all know about the phrase to "Bury your head in the sand". Fortunately for their species, ostriches aren't that stupid, but it works for me! I wouldn't hide my head. Some other body parts of mine most definitely. Tuesday is looming, and I'm really scared. Confused and emotional. Trying to work, but concentration is not on the menu today.
Until tomorrow, readers.

2 comments:

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.