Friday, September 21, 2007

[the nutcracker] and the art of motorcycle mayhem

Here's the revelation for today - I once danced in a production of The Nutcracker. True - I was Drosselmeyer and Clara arrived by motorcycle, brum-brumming down the central aisle, to be met by me at the stage.

I wanted to ride the bike but the owner wouldn't let me.

So it was with interest whenever I read about a production of the Nutcracker being sold out.

Especially when it is choreographed by Peter Wright [of Spycatcher fame?].

By the way, I wasn't a real ballet dancer because my equipment didn't stick out far enough beneath the cling-wrap tights. The boys showed no interest in me at all, in fact.

I could ride a motorbike though.


4 comments:

  1. Peter Wright of Spycatcher fame is dead..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sold out performance was it? And pre-YouTube days no doubt? Still we can all imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No-o-o-o-o, Mutley, tell me it isn't so!!!

    JMB - it was actually. People came to see how it could be destroyed.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.