Tuesday, August 21, 2007

[google reader] fabulous stuff [2]

Colin Campbell said:

A Reader such as Google Reader is an even bigger time waster than just surfing blogs. It means that you can get all the blogs you read in one place by subscribing. In reality it means that you start to feel guilty about all those articles that are just sitting waiting to be read, especially as jmb mentioned, you subscribe to James's blog.

Sir James Beiggelschwarz replied :

It does create guilt and it's almost like a funfair thing that the minute you've killed off one comment, another pops up from some bstd and you have to hit it on the head - some bstd like Higham and you can never kill him off - his posts are annoyingly always popping up and spoiling the nice clean sheet. A clean sheet and you can go out and do some other business.

The solution I think is to adopt a select to read policy from the available posts. My system sustains three open windows at one time and Google reader allows this from the one blogger.
That's fine for me and whilst they're loading, all his others are marked as read. This way we can get through the blogroll more fairly than before.

2 comments:

  1. Well naturally I am in agreement with you regarding the reader (not Google however) but some bloggers I do not mind missing some of their posts, while others I read every single one.
    So if I fall behind, I just mark all read and start again.

    I just got so tired of popping over to check if someone had posted or not, I think almost all my regular reads are on bloglines.

    I now have 166 blogs in my feeder and some only post two or three times a week. I certainly don't want to run over there the other four or five days for nothing.

    However wee all have to figure out our own efficient method of dealing with this stuff.
    regards
    jmb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you have it moving nicely at your blog and it definitely makes it easier. Let's nudge Liz and Welshcakes towards it [maybe Bloglines]without any pressure. Once they're in, they'll appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.