Thursday, July 26, 2007

[spam] finally have one

There's a low-life called "knicks" who has been spamming me for the past few days. You'll see this person's spam every so often on various posts and when I see it, I delete it. I'm sure I don't need to warn readers not to hit the site he wants you to.

I wonder what the hell he gets out of this. I never go to his supposed site, I trust you don't so I don't see what he gains. Perhaps he wants me to put word verification back on or moderation. I'm not gonna. I'm just going to delete him.

7 comments:

  1. The more links a site has from different websites, the more search engines rate them. It is the principle behind Google Bombs.

    Also, it's probably automated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knock on wood. I think I have only received two spam comments on my site in the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of them get by the blogger defences by setting up spurious blogs with about ten marketing posts on them.
    You get a hyperlinked commentor, but his blog is solely on fat fighting or something equally tedious.

    I'm trying to find a way I can send an automated response to these spambots- two words, first one has an f at the start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't understand why you weren't deleting him and also I didn't understand why he was sending a message over and over again.
    I hate word verification so much I decided to just go with the flow till I couldn't stand it and I have only had three in 6 months.
    I hope they go away so you are not tempted to go with word verification.
    regards
    jmb

    ReplyDelete
  6. JMB - I hate verification with a passion - vastly prefer moderation. Crushed - again you make a very good point. Wouldn't it be great - an insto-response sender but better, an insto-spam-the-spammer response.

    Welsh, Gavin, Steve - thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.