Tuesday, June 05, 2007

[awards] sleepless but smiling

I went into this Blogpower Awards thing thinking it would be fun to do and would expose lots of people to other blogs.

Personally, I'd hoped I'd do respectably in Category 11 but never dreamed I'd get anywhere in Category 3. I wish I wasn't there now because I'm getting a little nervous. My little circle has already nominated me and now I'm watching late nominees surge.

Don't think I don't appreciate Category 18. I'm a bit stunned that it's gone as it has against such powerful blogpowers as Iain and Doughty but it's still early days. But even if I'm swamped here at the end, I'll never forget those nominations.

There are so many really good things happening. There are some bloggers we all love, self-effacing and yet hopeful and now people are putting them in and I hope it gives them a real lift and makes their day.

From the e-mails, I know many people are enjoying it and that is great for the soul. I'm b-gg--ed but happy. Except for Category 3, where I'm biting my nails.

6 comments:

  1. My day was truly made when i saw my blog up for a nomination... and i only just saw it too so i best get a few votes in soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, phone Geoff and a few people to nominate you. Don't be ashamed. I already have voted so I can't vote again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is all good. There seems to be much ego boosting going on and we all can use that.
    thank you again james and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's been a great initiative and as long as we don't take it too seriously and don't get upset if we don't win [so stop the nailbiting!] we can all have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised how seriously it's being taken.
    It certainly raises the profile of blogpower.
    I wouldn't mind betting quite a few more bloggers are drawn to blogpower as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CBI That was what I was thinking when I read James latest post on DefendingTheBlog. Nothing like a bit of competition to bring out the err... best in people.

    I must confess this is not what i thought it was intended to be but I'm impressed. It's much better. More work for James though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.