Wednesday, May 02, 2007

[dull day] how was yours

I have a theory that across the northern hemisphere, the weather, the magnetism in the atmosphere and the mood is roughly the same at any given period of time, give or take a day.

As Watson said: "Surely rather fanciful, Holmes," to which Holmes replied, "Well, I don't insist on it."

I mean that today we had a fairly dull, overcast and slightly colder day. It was a very "nothing" day today. Nothing much happened, nothing was particularly bad, nothing was particularly good.

I had a bunch of girls today, usually my best and they were a little distracted, a little somewhere else. Because they're such good girls they tried but couldn't quite keep the mind on the job.

Now I'd be very interested in how your day was. Was it a bit ordinary, a bit forgettable?

I was just talking with the driver now and he said that it will be awful tomorrow, thousands on the road after the holiday and the weather not the greatest. That usually equates to road accidents everywhere over here.

Does that accord at all with your situation over there? Of course, antipodiaens will be different.

4 comments:

  1. If anyone complains of a dull day, could I suggest they take up some rewarding voluntary work. I am a trustee of a charity which provides rehabilitation for brain injured adults and I spent the morning there with the members, talking to them, listening to their concerns, playing cards and Scrabble. One should always give back to those less fortunate in our society if you are in the position to, this is what I teach my sons.
    Do you do any voluntary work James?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellee makes a good point.

    My day was great, thanks for asking.

    The semester is over. No school until the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My day was Ok yesterday. The heat has kicked in over here. Watched Sego / Sarko on French TV last night and a friend who is also a French teacher here and I excitedly exchanged texts every time Sego got the better of him. Ellee, good point, but people who are sad or depressed in some way may not have your energy. They may feel they have nothing left to give.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.