Friday, April 06, 2007

[poor kate] media claws into her

Clearly I don't know much about who's "in" and who's passe and I don't understand why everyone's down on Kate Middleton. Is the average blogger down on her because the media also is? And how did that come about? What did she do which was so wrong?

She's now dropped a complaint against the Mirror that printed a picture of her walking to work, accompanied by a caption suggesting "stoney-faced Kate" was about to scold William after he was pictured with other women in nightclubs. Richard Wallace said: "We got it wrong and we sincerely regret that."

What's with this "stoney-faced Kate" jibe, after having cameras pushed into her face? The media really are animals, the way they behave or so it seems to me. Then again, am I just as bad, running the photo to the left?

And what is it with Kate Middleton? Is William bored with her? Is she possessive? Is she dowdy? Does she just hate publicity?

I read her as a private person who is more or less pro-William but who got off to a bad start with the media and now their claws are into her.

Someone enlighten me please.

3 comments:

  1. I think this lady doth protest too much, I don't think she has had a hard time, I know she had some hassle on her birthday, but some of the press made it clear they would not be buying pics from freelance photographers if they hounded her. I'm sure she is enjoying plenty of perks in her relationship with William.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the media would learn. I don't give a toss about where she buys her bread. I am a kind of instinctive monarchist and I'd like William to be a good King one day but I don't want people associated with him to be hounded every time they step out the door. I like the monarchy for the same, stupid romantic reasons Ted Hughes did, because it symbolises a kind of loose unity, not because it's something for the tabloids to screw up when they're bored.

    I thought this lesson was supposedly learned around 10 years ago?

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.