Saturday, March 17, 2007

[blogfocus saturday] some new faces this evening

No linked theme this evening - just some excellent blogging, including some new faces. Some have asked about my e-mailing policy now and I have to admit it's difficult with a list of over 100 but I hope to get back to it soon. Meanwhile, I'll inform those in the Focus and hope the others forgive me and still give it a look:

1 After my outburst over Blogger, it was clear I needed Dr. Michelle Tempest's services, so let me introduce her to those who've never seen 18 Doughty St. Here she stays awake long enough to give some good advice:

I am sure the BBC news came as no surprise to any parent, as they reported that "lack of sleep can impair many functions, including concentration and memory." It was reported in the latest edition of the US sleep journal that researchers found soldiers struggled to make snap decisions in emotionally charged situations after being deprived of sleep for two nights. The authors suggest this could be important for other professions, including doctors, who have broken sleep and need to make quick decisions in a crisis.

2 Forty seven years old and divorced - that's my kind of mate. Bag's at it again, scrutinizing the lucicrous carbon eco thingy:

There is even the obligatory carbon message. 'one-fifth of our carbon emissions are related to the production, processing, transport and storage of food.' Thus 15% of that is 3%. So they are saying 3% of our carbon emissions are wasted. Plus that makes some massive assumptions. The main one being that food waste is across the generators of the carbon equally. As before i find food waste is bread, veg, etc. all the inexpensive local stuff really. So as it's not been flown in from Swaziland or wherever it's carbon footprint is much less.

3 Not strictly a new blog but new to me and to many of my readers, the Lighthouse is crammed with intelligent and not so restrained comment, for example:

I'm a bit ambivalent about this postmodern usurpation of Western civilization. On the one hand it's thoroughly pernicious and all pervasive; it's undermining and destroying from within the type of society we hold dear. It acts as the 'new communism' in more ways than one. Droves of naive people only wish to see its benign, idealistic guise, unwilling to accept proof to the contrary: that multiculturalism is totalitarian in character, is against the individual, is anti-realism and collectivist.

Nine more bloggers here.

6 comments:

  1. As always - thought provoking blogging.

    Best wishes

    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some interesting new ones here, James. You are a marvel. I'm amazed and pleased to find myself there again. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Item 3 :

    All well and good but how was this beast of the Id conjoured into existence? I find the incoherent explaination that it was an invention "of the left" to be shallow or even cowardly.

    Do we fear the egregore so much?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks James.

    That will probably double the number of FCFT readers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.