Sunday, February 04, 2007

[rape] seven short posts on the matter [1]

The way it should be

I’m a rapist.

I know this because a piece of graffiti in 1985 on a brick wall, in two foot high letters, told me: “All men are rapists.” Marilyn French, in 1977, also told me this in a book and she added: “They rape us with their eyes, their laws and their codes.” Of course, that was before the PC mafia took over.

There’s a third reason I know I’m a rapist. My own partner told me so. The night before, we’d both been as hard at it as each other - plus romance. This night, we’d also both been as hard at it as each other, with one difference. She had said at the start she wasn’t in the mood but of course, all that changed later. There was still the romance.

Next morning, she calmly informed me I’d raped her, didn’t I know? I could go to jail for that, didn’t I know? I think my look of shock, rather than disbelief, might have saved me on that occasion. Interestingly, one afternoon, with me laid up with flu and at death’s door, [must lay it on with a trowel here], she raped me.

She entered our bedroom and there was no doubt what was on the agenda. I protested: “In a few days. Let me get better.” But it was not to be. For the first ten minutes, I was raped but it’s amazing how one’s physiognomy can find energy from nowhere, don’t you think? During the coffee break, I told her she’d raped me. She thought I was recovering, as my sense of humour had returned.

By the way, her work was at the Family Law Court.

3 comments:

  1. You are very courageous to post on this,James. I feel for decent men who find the idea of rape abhorrent but who were labelled like this in the more vehement days of feminism. And people forget that a man can be raped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he can be raped by other men but not really by his woman. It was very tongue in cheek what I said to her. As for feminism, you can sense my feelings for women already, WCL and they're positive but feminism sends me apoplectic.

    I think you and I are Peoplists.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.