Thursday, January 04, 2007

[warmest winter] the ostrich syndrome

Choose any country, any authority – which one would you like? Canada? The NCDC? Russia? And it’s not just the record warm. It’s dangerous natural phenomena as well.

So if Stern is wrong, then what is this thing? As I trudged today through the slush which has never been on these streets at this point of the year since my time in this country, I kept chanting the Telegraph Mantra: There’s no global warming. There’s no global warming. Truly there’s not.

I was wearing a single layer sweat top, light rain jacket and baseball cap. In the fSU? In the middle of winter? No climate change? Give me a break.

4 comments:

  1. I do agree with you. There is no doubt the climate is altering. But why? And for how long? The siren calls of the greens do not impress me. Neither does the blatant cash grab of our UK government on the back of it.

    A real investment would be in our only hope, that is technology. Funnily, state spending on R&D in the UK is fallin. Do they know something we don't? Or are they just stupid and incompetent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't there loads of things it could be? Apart from the usual solar stuff, what makes us think we know all the effects there are, after only about 100 years of thinking about it compared to 4 billion years of earth history? Typical technocratic arrogance, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interestingly, Cityunslicker, this is the question DK poses - knows something we don't or stupid. I'd say they know something but maybe not of their doing. Fabian - 10 years, 100, 1000, the slush in the streets only happened once in people's memories here whom I asked and not as bad as this. I think it's fairly clear what's happening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hoping it will snow here, from memory, we didn't have any last year in East Anglia. I know it is very bad in Australia. A blogger told me some children there have never seen rain, now that takes some believing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.