Friday, January 12, 2007

[george bush] misunderstood and maligned [4]

Well, Laura’s never complained, let’s put it that way.

The idea is to vote for the best three from each ten [50 overall] and then we’ll find a grand winning quote.

Click for Part 1, Part 2 or Part 3.

31] "They misunderestimated me." - Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

32] "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." - St. Charles, Mo., Nov. 2, 2000

33] "Actually, I...this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about...when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me." - On the coming Social Security crisis; Wilton, Conn.; June 9, 2000

34] "I think we agree, the past is over." - On his meeting with John McCain, Dallas Morning News, May 10, 2000

35] "It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." - Reuters, May 5, 2000

36] Gov. Bush: "Because the picture on the newspaper. It just seems so un-American to me, the picture of the guy storming the house with a scared little boy there. I talked to my little brother, Jeb...I haven't told this to many people. But he's the governor of...I shouldn't call him my little brother...my brother, Jeb, the great governor of Texas." Jim Lehrer: "Florida." Gov. Bush: "Florida. The state of the Florida." - The NewsHour With Jim Lehrer, April 27, 2000

37] "I was raised in the West. The west of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California." - In Los Angeles as quoted by the Los Angeles Times, April 8, 2000

38] "It is not Reaganesque to support a tax plan that is Clinton in nature." - Los Angeles, Feb. 23, 2000

39] "I understand small business growth. I was one." - New York Daily News, Feb. 19, 2000

40] "The senator has got to understand if he's going to have...he can't have it both ways. He can't take the high horse and then claim the low road." - To reporters in Florence, S.C., Feb. 17, 2000

5 comments:

  1. 31 - because "misunderestimate" has now passed into the English language.

    34 - because there's a folk wisdom in there somewhere.

    35 - because I think we can all relate to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to be with Onyx Stone mostly:
    31 - for the same reason.
    35 - because that's my concept of mathematics, too!
    39 - because we know what he meant, really, and by now even I am feeling sorry for the guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur completely with Onyx Stone. 31, 34, 35.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 34 because I study history and that's cool

    38 because I like the concept of a clinton taxcut and a reagen tax cut

    39 self definition as a small businesss- revealing and priceless.

    Good collections James.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.