Thursday, January 11, 2007

[dolphin swim] better in the wild, perhaps

American actress, Tara Reid, said of her swim with dolphins at Brisbane’s Sea World:

"It was one of the most magical moments of my life. I think this is my favourite experience, it's amazing. It's so funny because in America everyone has dreams of what they want to do. That's one of the things I've always wanted to do in my life and never accomplished and I just did now. I'm on a tour high."

My first question is why she hadn’t done this in the US. My second question is how she would feel about not only swimming with but feeding dolphins in the wild. It’s such a pity I can’t post photo slides on the web because I have two here of me doing just that in Western Australia. Two dolphins swam in from the deep [never mind the sharks] and one swam round me and under my legs before popping his snout up for a fish.

How did it feel?

"It was one of the most magical moments of my life. I think this is my favourite experience, it's amazing. It's so funny because in Britain and Australia, everyone has dreams of what they want to do…"

3 comments:

  1. well. It must have been good fun though. I saw in St Kitts they had scrapped a dolpinarium idea because of the modern thinking about not having Dolphins in captivity.

    I wwas quite glad to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At one recent Toastmasters, everyone was asked to mention they wanted to do the following year. Lots of them mentioned swimming with dolphins and scuba diving and I thought, hey, I've done both of those. And I have a beautiful pic of my son who was my buddy rubbing noses with a dolphin, he was about 10 at the time

    ReplyDelete
  3. CityUnslicker, it's better, for sure. Ellee, wonderful experience, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.