Wednesday, December 06, 2006

[fraught] bit under the hammer these 24 hours

Hope to post two or three before tomorrow evening but I’m a bit under the hammer until then - tomorrow doesn’t bear thinking about so I’m not going to.

It’s also killing my blogvisits to you and it’ll take till tomorrow evening to get round to you all to annoy you so please bear with me and forgive my tardiness. All will be back to normal soon.

Coming back to Leighton’s painting again for a minute [the one in the slavery post and partly reproduced to the left here], I was thinking, you know – let’s have a party and everyone has to strike a pose and act in character as depicted.

Better still, we’ll have a ‘classical day’ and everyone in, say, London or Edinburgh becomes ‘sad Andromache’ or ‘the babe with the urn’ or the angel with the urn on the head for 24 hours. Better still, let’s forget all about it.

5 comments:

  1. Posing thus is an interesting concept, despite the strange looks one might receive. I thnk I would prefer to know what is in the urns before I try balancing one on my head whilst wearing a long frock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posing thus is an interesting concept, despite the strange looks one might receive. I thnk I would prefer to know what is in the urns before I try balancing one on my head whilst wearing a long frock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops. Two for the price of one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. James, оно звучает как вы поспешено с ваших ног. Не потревожьтесь о столбах или комментарии когда то будет случаем, вы не можете поместить все в один день. Вы ослабить слишком.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Спасибо огромное, Элли. Вы очень хорощо говорите на русском, красавица!

    Pete, yes, the contents of the urns could well be a critical factor in the stench of ancient debate.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.