Wednesday, November 22, 2006

[turkey time] a quiet day in late november

The scene: Tom and Tina are wondering where all their friends have disappeared.

Tina: Er … have you noticed where Tony, Tim, Tamara, Tomasetta and Tilly went, dearest?
Tom: I saw some men chasing them round a bit yesterday.
Tina: Oh that’s nice. Fun and games, yes?
Tom: The men were shouting out something about inviting us all to Thanksgiving. Something about cranberry sauce.
Tina: And what did Tomasetta and Tim say? They always were a greedy pair.
Tom: I don’t think they were actually saying very much – more like running around wildly and squawking and the men were shouting, 'Here're two plump ones for the pot!'
Tina: Clearly Tomasetta and Tim were delighted to be invited. I hear tell it's a happy time of year for all families. Right altruistic of those kind men, don't you think? Do you think we could get an invite too, dear?
Tom: Tina, my little turkey-gobbler,I don’t think they were actually invited to partake in the Thanksgiving.
Tina: But w-w-whatever can you mean Tom? [catches his knowing frown, pregnant with meaning and attendant pathos] Oh … no … I think I’m coming over all faint, dear. Catch me!
Tom: Tina, honey, I think it’s time to … to…
Tina: To run, Tom ... to run?
Tom: Er - yeah. [Reflects in mid-waddle] And I thought it was such a happy time of year.

3 comments:

  1. James,

    I am confused. Is this about Yates of The Yard?

    STB

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, I hope you are still speaking to me after my post yesterday. It certainly stimulated a hot debate.

    I have tagged you today, hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just learnt what a tag is. My goodness. Yes, stb, it's the one about Yates and Thangsgiving Turkeys.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.