Friday, November 03, 2006

[ségolène] how much do you really know

All right – she’s a total honey, even at 55 and appears to have a good heart. But be careful – as Wikipedia admitted, she’s also the woman who commissioned a homosexual video for schools called “The Happiness of Loving”, including information for students on the Civil Partnership scheme and how to counter distaste for homosexuals. She has also been very active in promoting same sex ‘marriages’. That will no doubt put her up in some people’s estimation but it will leave the rest us cold.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of girl. (Although, as it happens, I have a perfectly gorgeous one already).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apart from the hosing of taxpayers' centimes at pet projects it doesn't bother me in the least.

    On the marriage front I'd say her recent marriage to François Hollande does her no favours. She'd lived with the guy for 30 years and has just married him shortly before the presidential run. Call me cynical...

    I wonder if she'd go for a plain old non 'e' Holland?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does look very beautiful, she has that effortless French chic. I didn't realise she had just got married, I thought part of her appeal was that she was very unconventional.

    Btw, did you know that David Beckham could be knighted in the New Year's Honours list and that would make him and his wife Sir David and Lady Victoria Beckham? There are much more deserving cases.

    Lady Ellee of Ely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Er, it turns out she isn't properly "married" but has a "pacte civil de solidarité". However this is a fairly recent state of affairs, this year I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.