Thursday, November 09, 2006

[france-ordinaire] cuisine, ambience, second to none

L’Ombre goes his own way and posts as he wishes and every so often comes up with a real blockbuster, as he’s done now, writing of the real, as distinct from the touristy France. As I’ve sometimes stayed in the countryside with a French family I’ve known for a long while, I understand what he’s saying here. His post, replete with photos, refers to his ‘local’: If you want to be picky, then I admit the beef could have done with a tad more tenderizing, and the nicotine allergic will hate the air. Also I have no doubt that the wine snob or the (Atkins) dieter will find much to complain about. But you will experience the real France and get a great meal into the bargain. A pleasant walk of about 45 minute-1 hour duration with pleasant views of olive trees, the Grasse valley, the coast and the Esterel may be had either to work up an appetite or to walk off your meal afterwards. He had to get those olive trees in, didn’t he?

1 comment:

  1. If you ever follow the herds of Russians and show up on the Côte d'Azur I shall enjoy taking you to the restaurant... I'll even pay for lunch

    Pictures of the walk (and those olive trees) may be tomorrow's post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.