Tuesday, November 14, 2006

[austin healey] remember the sprite

Later Sprite

I’m going to set out my stall straight away. I was a Sprite 2A man. Not a Frogeye [Bugeye], not a Midget [esp. Mark III] but a 2A if you please. This is an article I cobbled together from the fragments of various articles in the pre-blogging days.

“A sports car is typically a two-seater, two-door automobile with a highly tuned engine, designed for performance – either speed, maneuverability, or acceleration.

In fact, many of the early British sports cars lacked a powerful engine and did not accelerate very quickly, but were known for having handling characteristics. They were relatively low to the ground and quite spartan in their comfort level and yet they were lively and exciting to drive.” More here ...

1 comment:

  1. I used to have an MG Midget, I do miss it on sunny days, but after 7 years, I had enough of draughts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.