Tuesday, October 03, 2006

[writing] the human face of the blogmonster

I like human pieces best, meaning posts bloggers write which allow a window into their soul. Hope I can’t be labelled a blog-voyeur and yet these pieces endear the writer to me more – at the other end is not just a political automaton. Examples are Vox’s ballgames and football, Tim’s songs, Iain’s sisters, L’Ombre’s olives, DK’s difficulties with trains and so on. Call me a lightweight, call me anything you like but I’d surf a gigobyte to find these pieces. It seems not everyone agrees or perhaps the pieces need to be well written in the first place because my Letter from Novosibirsk attracted not a comment and yet I was pretty chuffed with the piece at the time. Ellee’s piece about suffragettes was a case in point. Which brings me to girl-bloggers. Nothing against the guys but a good girl-blog affords a window into an alien soul [female] and I eagerly seek the girl-blogs. Except for Sexy Michelle M, of course.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, James, just as we like to comment you like to receive. I enjoyed the piece and look forward to more. It's interesting that if I say to someone 'I've been there' their eyes glaze over in expectation of the usual travellers tales but if I reminisce about having omelettes made by a street vendor at 7am and subsequently getting their life story they sit up and pay attention.

    Human interest v. the Rough Guide, I suppose but it is little tales like that that give insights into other countries. Keep going.

    ScotsToryB

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.