Tuesday, October 03, 2006

[jeffrey archer] why are you all so down on him

Ellee quotes Bryan Appleyard on the vitriol Jeffrey Archer is receiving: “I fear this is getting out of hand and becoming a full-blooded guerilla campaign. One recent comment by Jack turned out to be a savage and rather brilliant acrostic. Now look, The Guys, Jeffrey is fair game, but do we really want to turn his magnificent blog into an occasion for our childish humour? Ellee continues: Jeffrey seems to take it all in good heart, according to the comments he posted on Bryan’s site. He is doing lots of good work too; so far this year he has raised almost £1 million for various charities - and there are still another 14 charity auctions to be held before the end of the year. He certainly deserves our sympathy for taking part in a charity swim with Rolf Harris and George Galloway. I wrote to Ellee: Ellee, tell me about Archer. He was the darling of the Tories when I left for overseas and then I heard all about his fall from grace. Didn’t appear to me to be anything more than what anyone else has always turned a blind eye to. Seemed like a vendetta to me. What’s the story? What is it that drives people into abuse? I”ve just posted on Malkin too. Is it the same situation? Could some of you who read this piece also enlighten me?

1 comment:

  1. Ellee is led astray by her good nature. The 'Jeffrey Archer' who has been leaving comments on my site is yet another prankster from my increasingly large collection. I don't know which one, but I have my suspicions. When it comes to his self-esteem - or, in fact, anything else, Jeffrey has no sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.