Monday, October 16, 2006

[drugs] nearly all in tour de france on them

Clean riders - George W. Bush and Lance Armstrong

Matt DeCanio, a confessed drug cheat and now an anti-doping crusader, tells Tuesday night's Insight program on SBS TV that he's willing to go before an inquiry and name cyclists who are using drugs. "At the highest level I would say 99 per cent of the guys are on it [drugs]. If I were to have to bet my life on how many athletes in the Tour de France are on drugs, I would say one guy was clean," the 29-year-old told the program entitled "The Cheating Game". Former Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson also says athletes do whatever it takes to win, including taking drugs. It’s the old dilemma – you can’t win without them and you’re vilified for taking them. In my own weight training, taking creatine and a power mix before adds up to 7 kg more metal I can push on that particular day. So what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.