Wednesday, October 11, 2006

[blog focus] consistency of style

Two bloggers many would know

One criticism my best friend made, in terms of style, was that I had none. What he meant was that, because I included such a wide range of topics, those who were interested in only two or three of these e.g. ceramic painting, had to take pot luck on whether there’d be an article on this topic or no. With a specific ceramics site or a specific Conservative Party site, you always know what you’re getting and some people prefer it that way. The most popular blogs do sell the one idea or at least one theme runs throughout e.g. economics. I suppose I try to sell variety but surely you can get this by simply surfing. Why come to my site at all? And what do the other bloggers sell? I tried to determine this by looking at eight or nine blogs - here.

2 comments:

  1. thx for including me in the roundup. hope people don't think i'm just a one trick stoner.

    i'm also into political biology...

    Rattus Liberalis, like its better known and cuddlier cousin Rattus Rattus, is a nonemetic species.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James, I'm not a ranter and never will be, all bloggers have their own style and I always let the facts speak for themselves, adding my own view too. I don't think you need to be aggessive to get a message over, I prefer the softer and more reasoned approach.

    Like you, I want to write about anything that interests me, not just politics, that would be too restrictive for me because I have many other interests too. These may, or may not,interest other people. In a way, it is very much Ellee's Miscellany, which was one name with toyed with, but I need to promote my work too, so that had to be included.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.