Tuesday, October 10, 2006

[black quill] when the spam-watchers are spammed

Black Quill must be on speed because he’s turned heavy hitter. On spam-watchers spammed: A UK company called Spamhaus keeps IP lists of spammers that ISPs and others can use to help filter out spam. In their fight they fingered e360 as a spammer. e360 went to law, not difficult in the US as we know, and the mighty Illinois court ordered Spamhaus to shell out $11.7 million to e360 uncontested. Do read the whole piece here. This has a personal interest because I'm having troubles with g-mail, who are rejecting my e-mails on the grounds that I'm spamming people. If they went after actual spammers and left me alone I'd be a lot happier.

1 comment:

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.