Thursday, October 12, 2006

[awful day] is it all worth it

The internet and telephone bills came today, hitting me right in the solar plexus. ‘No matter,’ I muttered to myself, on the road to the day’s commitments. ‘No matter – if people are visiting and they like the posts, then it’s all worthwhile, isn’t it? And numbers have been steadily increasing too – a bit.’ In the early evening, back home again, curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to know if there’d been any e-mails and any comments. There had been. Checked the visitors for the day and the jaw dropped, as I slumped into a chair – there’d been almost no one, especially from the UK, my home ground. Internet bill of wal-mart proportions and no one’s reading anything. Despair. Disillusionment. ‘Well, I’ll still post,’ I thought. Ha! Blogger’s decided to play up again. Now I go searching for a razor. Then I notice that the people who have visited are the important ones – the good people, so to speak. Wistfully, I ask the blogger’s eternal question, ‘Is it quantity or quality we seek in our visitors?’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.