Thursday, September 21, 2006

[iain dale list] an end to the matter, hopefully

Ladies and gentlemen, I feel bound to reply to some of the comments I’ve received. In my situation it cannot be sour grapes because I am new, because my focus is ‘world’ and there was never any consideration that I’d be anywhere near any list myself. In fact I wrote to one colleague that one must remember Iain was listing only political blogs and within the UK sphere.

One comment that the blogosphere is free and therefore words like ‘divisive’ and ‘inclusive’ are inapplicable is true to a point and that’s why we blog. Also, we’re right into free speech, aren’t we? On the other hand, the lists do have enormous currency in the British sphere and I do not refer to Richard North here; I’m not going to betray confidences except to say that there are some well known bloggers considerably less than gruntled. Otherwise I’d never have posted.

As for me being anti-Iain, I wrote to Iain this morning and assured him this wasn’t so. Please look at my blogroll. This thing is issue-focused only.

For the supportive comments – thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment. I have to say, first, that I like your font -- nice!

    Second, I am a political blogger that achieved list-dom, but I have to agree with you about lists. In a political sense they cause problems in any case. Imagine, if you will, a country with no political parties where every person voted for an Independent MP and those MPs chose the PM once elected...

    How much better would democracy be without the party system?

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.