Wednesday, August 16, 2006

[holy smoke] signs of the times or just bad luck

I just can’t get over Oliver Kamm’s comment, to paraphrase and interpret him, about bloggers being derivative and using the main stream media’s pieces for their own commentary and opinions.

I detest doing this and the only way around it I can see is to access multiple sources and build an article of my own, as the mainstream usually does. But not always. How many pieces have you seen with AP or Reuters tags?

Anyway, this one is news this morning and there are no other sources, so I’ll have to run it as is. Sorry.

A monster lightning strike, captured by a Sydney Morning Herald reader during a freak storm in the city yesterday, narrowly missed luxury yachts owned by the likes of Nicole Kidman but almost wiped out a yellow sloop moored at ...
read more here and comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.