Monday, August 14, 2006

[general] can english ever be the one world language

This is a reposting, now formatted, of the transcript of a speech I gave at an international educational seminar in July and I suppose, in a way, I was representing the English language there. Strange then that I should have made friends with a Frenchman from Dauphin Universite' and should attempt to chat most of the breaks in my execrable French.

Maintaining the purity of the English language

Introduction

In the 2000 Guy Ritchie film, ‘Snatch’, a Jewish-American gangster says to a London gangster, “Speak English to me Tony. I thought this country spawned the language and so far nobody seems to speak it.”

... read more and comment here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.