Thursday, July 03, 2008

[youtube] your data now with another company

"Google will have to turn over every record of every video watched by YouTube users' names and IP addresses, to Viacom, which is suing Google for allowing clips of its copyright videos to appear on YouTube, a judge ruled Wednesday.

Although Google argued that turning over the data would invade its users' privacy, the judge's ruling (.pdf) described that argument as "speculative" and ordered Google to turn over the logs on a set of four tera-byte hard drives."

What fun to be living in this day and age. James Barlow would certainly disagree with that statement, as he outlines the great parking dilemma:

If we define the problem to be "too many cars on the road", the general consensus amongst drivers seems to be that the solution is better public transportation systems for other drivers. But very few people have any desire to make the "modal shift" themselves.
Quite right and yet I'm currently on foot [well, actually I'm at the computer just now] but am thinking of a motorbike.

Just thinking, mind.

6 comments:

  1. I hope it's going to be a stylish motorbike, James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that mean we are all going to be arrested? I hope they are building some B I I I I I I G prisons!

    You are right it is "Two wheels good - four wheels bad !" isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to ride one of those in the good old days of Mods and Rockers. I had some good times with my long hair blowing back in the wind (what crash helmet?). And hairy times when the roads were icy, or in fog when I thought those tail lights were in the distance and nearly bit the tail end of a lorry (the box on the back had the lights up top!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. They wouldn't need to request the data here. It would be found on a train somewhere ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apologies in advance, O/T, a question for you, Isn't the awards post where we can leave our nominations for the panel members? I see its been disabled , rather a better choice would be remove remarks that are just plain nasty and pokes shit at what you asked for, the readers choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely James,adding to the noise pollution as well as the CO2 pollution.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.