Friday, August 24, 2007

[revelation] in the middle of the night

Watching Anakin ride off in high dudgeon to avenge the wrongs perpetrated on his mother


What do Liz, JMB, Welshcakes and Anakin Skywalker all have in common at 3.38 a.m. on the morning I have to go back to work?

Comments, snippets and incidents from all were playing on the mind, repeating themselves and making me uneasy and suddenly I woke up.

Liz had written "I'm a crappy Christian", which bothered me [by the way, check the name of her post], then later commented on my site "isn't that a coincidence" and though the topics were different, it chimed in with the way I was thinking.

The more and more moral I get on this site, the less and less Christian I actually get in my general behaviour. My fallings-away are increasing and you'd have picked up my aggressive tone in the feminism posts.

Then JMB and Welsh. Looking back at my major post on the F-ism word, I have to admit to being genuinely puzzled by their reactions. Instead of tearing me down as a Jagger or French would do, they took it personally, especially Welshcakes and that's the first time I realized how much women's rights had actually meant to these ladies at the time and maybe still even now.

So I went back and re-explored, checked each link, did some reading of the early feminists and now - what Christina Hoff-Sommers was going on about started to come home. The early writings were really about equality, rights, the ending of an oppression and the movement was equally open to campaigning for other oppressed groups as well.

In short, it was sane. This accorded with my student memories and the things we were up in arms about in those days.

Now I went over the other, later guff I've recently read on F-ism, like: "all men are rapists" and the like and suddenly the penny dropped about what had gone down in the women's movement. It had been hijacked. The thing I was railing against was not the same thing my lady friends were fondly remembering. Different other animal, in fact.

Contrast these two statements:

1] This movement has been around for a long time, since before the turn of the twentieth century, when its sole purpose was to get the vote for women. Over the years it has evolved to deal with other pressing concerns for women. [JMB]

2] the very 'institution of sexual intercourse' where male and female each play a well-defined role will disappear. Humanity could finally revert to its natural polymorphously perverse sexuality" [Alison Jagger]

Totally different - one the injured and measured cry for equality and the other - something far more sinister - in its own words, the ending of sexual intercourse between male and female and a "return" to the "polymorphously perverse sexuality " of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Now as a Christian, I immediately recognize this for what it is and don't for one second blame Alison Jagger. Grievance and anger allowed her to write such dangerous tripe. It has zero to do with women's rights and everything to do with the ravings of my implacable enemy, which includes and let me quote from May 1st, 1776:

1) Abolition of all ordered governments

2) Abolition of private property

3) Abolition of inheritance

4) Abolition of patriotism

5) Abolition of the family

6) Abolition of religion

7) Creation of a world government

In other words, the same force driving the new-feudalism on, driving GHW Bush's New Order in Iraq [are you aware he had certificates issued to troops afterwards thanking them for taking part in his New World Order?*], driving the pagan, drug fueled nightclub scene [and don't tell me it's not because I was part of it until four years ago], driving on the disintegration of society today.

It's insane and it's possessed, knowing no debate or reason.

It's the same force driving credit and the debt economy to frightening levels and driving us to war, it's the hijacking of Pomo which Cassandra writes about and in the very word "driving" lies its insanity. Think about when you were last so angry you didn't stop until you had struck back and said something hurtful to the other. But your momentary satisfaction turned to ashes and that was to the satisfaction of someone else.

Think about Anakin Skywalker [and no - I haven't taken leave of my mind].

That scene [in the pic above] where he learnt that some evil bods were holding his mother hostage in a desert village on Tatooine and maltreating her, he rushes there, holds his dying mother, then loses his rag completely and razes the village to the sand - men, women and children all put to the sword [echoes of Sudan?]

I'm speaking here, people, of how real evil [and you call it what you will - an entity, a dark side of our own nature, what you will] plays on our genuine grievances [e.g. inequality for women] and invites us to do our worst.

It "suggests" certain embellishments so that instead of equal rights, we now have the call for indiscriminate intercourse with men, women and children, under the banner "freedom for the oppressed" and as part of that, 650 campuses are forced to watch academic staff parading around as giant vaginas - it's the betrayal of the trust by the young in the decency of the old. It's all of this and more.

It's the values of a society turned on its head.

Therefore the women's movement becomes the misandry movement, therefore the gay movement becomes the paedophile movement and always, always, the direction is downwards to depravity, never the other way to decency and all the while the rhetoric speaks of "new dawns", "new reawakenings", "man taking his place in his new destiny" and so on.

Blairite, Broonian and Cameronite type vague postulatings, in other words.

Beneath the rhetoric, the real agenda - 3000 new crimes on the statute books, laws of breaking and entering on suspicion [are you aware of the R.I.P. Act?], iris scans, summary detention at airports, rampant cross-border sex slavery [how?], refusal to deal firmly with any moral issue in the society but allowing the real crazies to hold forth with impunity under the banner "freedom of speech".

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what happened to the women's movement, the gay movement, Islam, post modernism and all the other originally legitimate grievances - they were hijacked by the cynically "perverted", in Jagger's own terms.

This nearly drove a wedge between my lady friends and myself except that the ladies didn't allow it to happen, which I call a triumph for human common sense and sanity.

Ladies and gentlemen, we're speaking here of the insanity of evil, pure and simple. Nothing more, nothing less. It's now rampant, we're in the middle of it and we're all marching off, someway down the track, to another needlessly induced and meaningless crisis, followed by war.

And Johnson said, remember:

Among the calamities of war may be jointly numbered the diminution of the love of truth, by the falsehoods which interest dictates and credulity encourages.

And whilst we're on quotes, the one which Poirot delivered to Mlle de Bellefort, as the latter was seeking revenge on her erstwhile friend for wrongs done to her:

"Mademoiselle, I beseech you, do not do as you are doing."

"Leave dear Linnet alone, you mean?"

"It is deeper than that. Do not open your heart to evil."

Her lips fell apart. A look of bewilderment came into her eyes.

Poirot continued, gravely. "Because if you do - evil will come. Yes, very surely evil will come. It will enter in and make its home within you and after a little while it will no longer be possible to drive it out."

Jacqueline stared at him. Her glance seemed to waver, to flicker uncertainly. She said, "I - I don't know." Then she cried out defiantly: "You can't stop me!"

"No," said Hercule Poirot, "I cannot stop you." His voice was sad.


After the killing is finally over [for the nonce], stepping back to survey the handiwork


* I have a copy of this certificate and will try to find it then post it here.

6 comments:

  1. I love you James, but you need serious help :)

    What 'quote' from May 1st 1776 are you referring to (no link was provided).

    And hurry up with the NWO cert please, as a friend of mine didn't get one (who indeed served in the war in Iraq)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry this kept you awake but I'm very glad you are coming to realize that the strident radical feminists only represent one facet of the women's movement. And you had a very good analogy that I didn't think of before, Islam: not all Muslims are terrorists, hate Americans and are trying to destroy them. I used the different facets of a political party but this is even better.

    Ergo, as not all Muslims are terrorists, not all feminists hate men, think them rapists or are trying to be superior to men.

    I also like the hijack reference. Someone suggested to me that I should use the word equal rights advocate, but to me that would be giving in to the hijackers of the term feminism. Besides it includes other agendas, like gay rights or black rights which I can certainly agree with. But if I want to talk about equal rights for women I don't want to be vilified for using the word feminist.

    In a way I never took these discussions personally but in another way I did. I have always considered myself a feminist in the early, and, to me still, true sense of the word. So when the crazy statements defining feminism began flying here in quotations that you obviously agreed with (or why would you quote them?) I began to resent that in saying I was a feminist meant others were defining me as a manhater or wanting to destroy men or whatever the wacko definition decided feminism was. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

    The article on Feminism in Wikipedia was interesting to me. It defines the feminist movement as occurring in three waves. Many young people have experienced only the third wave. They need to look at the movement as a whole and realize how far women have come and not just assume everything has always been the way it is now.

    regards
    jmb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think there is another wave of feminism to come, as you know, and sexual liberation will be part of it.

    I didn't realise you were part of the club scene once.Speaking as someone who finds the values of Rave culture to be quite positive, I'd be interested to know what turned you away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genius fellow that George Lucas. My Wife never saw any of the Star Wars movies until she met me, she's no geek. So I sat her down and we watched them end-to-end and she got the modern inferences right away and now lists them as her favourite movies.

    Now mix in the Freudian misogyny that permeates modern psychology with a little Marxism and you get the general picture.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.